If you’re lucky enough to survive the holdup with no frost bite from the frozen chicken then you may be called as a witness.
Five things to remember when in Court
- Don’t cross your fingers when you’re swearing your oath – that’s just not truthful
- Don’t swear or you’ll be in contempt of court
- Wear your best outfit – you could end up in the press!
- Make sure you get your story straight – don’t want to end up incriminating yourself or an innocent party.
- Don’t laugh at the judge. Judges are very straight faced and the faintest bit of giggling will not be tolerated
I’ve been a witness a number of times. It’s really quite a thrilling experience. You’re all high and mighty and important and someone’s fate could rest in your hands – now how’s that for power!!
Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In a court of law you have to abide by their rules and this includes telling nothing but the truth.
Often after a trial I get swamped with fans wanting my autograph but in a court you must behave appropriately so I always say “no comment”..